Revised and coming soon!
Valuation of Conservation Easements is an advanced course designed for the general certified appraiser who understands the methodology in the approaches to value and is ready to embark on understanding the intricacies involved in one of the most misunderstood and difficult types of appraisals.
Over 4 days, this intensive program will familiarize participants with conservation easement valuations in a variety of situations, including conventional appraisals, appraisals that are required to comply with the Yellow Book, and appraisals involving non-cash charitable contributions that are required to comply with IRS standards. Learning objectives will be accomplished through a series of lectures, in-class discussions, problem solving, homework assignments, and case-law analysis.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Understand the methodologies and techniques commonly used in valuing conservation easements
• Grasp state, federal, and IRS regulations and requirements relating to conservation easements
• Understand the range of assignments that are common in valuing conservation easements
• Develop an effective scope of work for a conservation easement valuation assignment, apply concepts of highest and best use analysis to that assignment
• Utilize a range of techniques to effectively carry out a conservation easement valuation
• Identify the unique issues that may apply to conservation easements and complete the assignment(s) in accordance with the various state and federal agency requirements
Note. This course is in the Valuation of Conservation Easements Professional Development Program. For more information, click here.
|This course is approved for GBCI CE Hours by the USGBC. |