• Course Schedule (PDF)
• Table of Contents and Overview (PDF)
To order books and other materials go to
Please contact the sponsoring chapter for information on fees applicable to chapter programs.
• A four-function calculator is required for the exam. You may use a financial calculator if you prefer.
Note: Cellular phones, tablets, iPads, and other devices that connect to the Internet are NOT permitted during the exam.
• Microsoft Excel 2007 loaded and operational. If you do not have Excel, you may download a free copy
for 69 days at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/.
• Solver Add-in and Analysis Tool Pak. Add-in must be installed prior to class.
Note to Mac users: The course will be taught from Windows using Excel 2007.
You will need the latest version of Excel (2011) in order to perform some of
the exercises. Also, Microsoft does not support the Data Analysis Tool Pack in Mac Office Excel 2011.
However, they do suggest free third-party add-ins with similar functionality.
For more information, see:
15 (14 classroom +1 hour exam)
AI CE Credit for Designated Members, Candidates for Designation, and Practicing Affiliates
• Attend Only = 145 points
• Attend and Pass= 200 points
• Basic knowledge of spreadsheets, especially in Excel
• Experience in market analysis, highest and best use, and inferred market analysis
Using Spreadsheet Programs in Real Estate Appraisals - The Basics or similar course/seminar
Participants must sign a waiver at the beginning of the course stating that they have the prerequisites. If they do not, they will not hold the Appraisal Institute responsible and will not expect to receive special attention during the course.
Who Should Enroll
MAIs or SRAs who want to further their statistics knowledge and skill base, residential or general certified appraisers, reviewers, real estate brokers, underwriters
Click Here for State Approvals