This introduction course focuses on the evolution of green buildings, the concept of sustainability in buildings, and the principles, practices, and components that distinguish sustainable from traditional buildings.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Recognize competency and USPAP implications of appraising green buildings.
• Understand the evolution of green buildings.
• Understand the six elements of green building.
• Identify benefits and costs of green buildings.
• Recognize the green building certification and ratings programs for energy conservation and sustainability.
• Understand the primary areas of green reporting.
• Understand highest and best use implications.
• Consider the three approaches to value in context of green buildings.
Exam: This 7 hour course contains an optional offline exam for 1 additional hour of credit. Students taking the class for the Professional Development Program (see below) are required to complete the exam. You will have 90 days from the time that you complete the course to take the proctored exam. Testing center locations in your area can be found by clicking on this link: www.pearsonvue.com/ai.