Choose your path
-- select --
Resources for Accountants
Resources for Bankers
Resources for Homeowners
Resources for Attorneys
Find An Appraiser
0 Registrations in Cart
Select an Offering
Senior Living - Nursing Home Appraisal
June 11, 2018
Local Area Topics
Please register early
After Jun 04, 2018
Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS®
15201 Diamondback Drive, Suite 100
Sponsor / Contact
Washington DC Metropolitan Area
Up To 14 days prior to program start date, refund in full.
5 - 13 days prior to program start date, $50.00 cancellation fee.
Less than 5 days prior to program start date, forfeit of payment.
Up To 14 days prior to program start date, no transfer fee.
5 - 13 days prior to program start date, $25.00 transfer fee.
Less than 5 days prior to program start date, no transfer allowed.
Program materials will be picked up at the site.
Join us to hear James K. Tellatin, MAI share the finer points of nursing home appraisal. The program will provide attendees with:
• Discussion into current building design and areas of obsolescence for each care level
• Insights and techniques in developing supply and demand analysis and forecasting occupancy, absorption and payor mix
• Overall view health care insurance in the U.S. – Medicare, Medicaid, private coverages – mostly as it related to long-term care and hospital services
• Discussion of Medicaid reimbursement concepts
• Presentation on Medicare reimbursements and forecasting operating expenses related to Medicare
• Developing and understanding net revenue development, including considerations for rent or rate adjustments, contractual allowances, ancillary revenues
• Discussion of critical issues in forecasting operating expenses, and sources for expense comparable data
• Capitalization rate issues that are specific to these property types
• Discounted cash flow analysis issues
• Sales comparison approach concerns, sale comparable data sources, analyzing the sales, discussion of appropriate use of sale-leasebacks and portfolio sales, key elements of comparison
• Cost approach issues, including developer soft costs such as profit, stabilization and other cost – both relating to tangible and intangible costs
• Allocation of going-concern value -- advantages and disadvantages for using cost residual, rent residual, management fee and other techniques for separating the going-concern value.
• Issues in valuing leased fee, leasehold and other fractional interests.
Class will be held at the Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors office in Rockville, MD.
Registration begins at 8:00am. Seminar is from 8:30am-5pm with a one hour lunch (on your own).
Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors
15201 Diamondback Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
200 W. Madison, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60606
888-7JOINAI (756-4624) |
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2017 Appraisal Institute. All rights reserved.