Choose your path
-- select --
Resources for Accountants
Resources for Bankers
Resources for Homeowners
Resources for Attorneys
Find An Appraiser
0 Registrations in Cart
Select an Offering
Appraisers, Bankers & Developers: Understanding Roles in an Evolving Real Estate Environment
March 6, 2019
Local Area Topics
* includes late fee
Hyatt Regency Fairfax
12777 Fair Lakes Circle
Sponsor / Contact
Washington DC Metropolitan Area
11804 Bare Sky Lane
Up To 14 days prior to program start date, refund in full.
5 - 13 days prior to program start date, $50.00 cancellation fee.
Less than 5 days prior to program start date, forfeit of payment.
Up To 14 days prior to program start date, no transfer fee.
5 - 13 days prior to program start date, $25.00 transfer fee.
Less than 5 days prior to program start date, no transfer allowed.
Program materials will be picked up at the site.
Join metro DC area appraisers, developers and national/community bankers for a panel discussion around how deals get developed and done. Along the way, they will address what’s working and what could be better. Topics covered will include:
• How developers assess the potential for a real estate project;
• What bankers look for in a real estate development project to balance risk and return;
• What appraisers need from the developer and banker to accurately determine the current and potential value of the project;
• Important components in decision making for development property acquisition;
• What lenders are looking for in development property appraisals.
• Developer’s perspective of the appraisal and appraisers role in the lending process.
• How the approval process impacts the acquisition process;
• Typical return requirements;
• Where return is drawn…land approval/development, construction, sale or just one or two of the components; and
• How the three parties (Developer, Banker, Appraiser) typically (and ideally) interact throughout funding phase of the project.
• Alex Staffier, Development and Acquisitions Associate, Douglas Development Corporation
• Kevin L. Flemming II, Vice President of Land Acquisition, Mid-Atlantic Builders
• J. Max Snider, AVP, Commercial Real Estate Lending, Capital Bank
• Arthur Smith, SVP Commercial Lending, MainStreet Bank
• Bruce Davis, SRA, President, Appraisal Source
• Tom Shields, MAI, MRICS, Managing Partner, Joseph J. Blake and Associates, Inc.
Moderator: Ashton Rowles, MAI, Senior Director - Executive Team, Archstone Appraisal Group
This program offers attendees a behind-the-scenes look at regional real estate development to provide a better understanding of the valuation challenges for bankers, developers and appraisers. Individuals who attend will:
• Understand what information is required to start the appraisal ordering process;
• Learn how to ensure the information flow from developers to bankers to appraisers is as smooth and timely as possible;
• Learn how to reconcile issues which may arise in the valuation process;
• Have a better grasp on intended users, uses, scope of work, and the appraisal problem; and
• Have an opportunity to meet face-to-face in a frank and open forum.
We will follow the panel presentation with a networking luncheon at which attendees can connect with fellow professionals and further discuss the issues and ideas addressed by the panel.
Registration includes a hot lunch!
Note: This event is co-sponsored with the Virginia Association of Community Banks. VACB Members enter promo code - VACB - when registering online to get the AI member rate.
10:00am - Noon: Panel Discussion
Noon – 1:00pm: Networking Lunch
Print & Fax or Mail Registration Form
200 W. Madison, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60606
888-7JOINAI (756-4624) |
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2017 Appraisal Institute. All rights reserved.