There are few courses or seminars currently available to provide a good understanding of the role and responsibility of the supervisor and trainee. The main objective of this seminar is to provide a resource to clearly define the roles of the supervisor and the trainee.
The seminar features resources that contain links to all of the documents and forms that are referenced. Some of the forms provided may be ones you’ll want to implement in your practice. The web links provide valuable resources to enhance your learning experience.
The discussion board for this seminar is an invaluable resource and we encourage you to take advantage of this experience to network with other professionals. There is a lot to be said for the years of experience found in the professionals of the Appraisal Institute. What a great resource! The discussion board is also one of the way the instructor will communicate with you. Once you post a note to the discussion board, your instructor will respond through the discussion board. We encourage you to take full advantage of this opportunity to network online by using the discussion board. We would particularly like the experienced supervisor’s feedback on the discussion topics. Trainees are also encouraged to post your comments to give feedback to supervisors that are taking this class.
• Gain a clear understanding of the supervisor/trainee terminology.
• Identify the skill set of a supervisor and trainee.
• Understand and develop a good training program.
• Review USPAP areas that are of concern to the supervisor/trainee relationship.
• Review signature and security issues.
• Gain a clear understanding of Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice,(USPAP), requirements for the Workfile and Scope of Work.
• Module 1: Definition
• Module 2: The Role of the Supervisor
• Module 3: The Role of the Trainee
• Module 4: Review of USPAP
AI CE Credit for Designated members, Candidates for Designation and Practicing Affiliates
• Attend Only = 20 points
NOTE: This is not the Oregon Supervising Appraiser / Appraiser Assistant course.