Please review the FAQs for important information regarding registration and cancellation deadlines;
mandatory diagnostic test; online session; course equivalencies.
Please note Designated Members and Candidates for Designation will receive the discounted AI Price for Advanced Education courses: Advanced Income Capitalization, Advanced Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use, Advanced Concepts and Case Studies, and Quantitative Analysis. All others will pay full price.
For more information on how to become a Candidate for Designation, click here.
This course focuses on the practical application of quantitative tools for analyzing data, drawing
appropriate conclusions from data sets, and presenting both the analysis and conclusions in ways that
enhance communication with appraisal clients. It reviews and furthers the application of basic statistical
measures (mean, median, mode, standard deviation, etc.) and spends a good deal of time on graphical
and regression analysis.
Central goals of the course include showing participants how to understand the reliability and
validity of data used to draw conclusions, providing the knowledge needed to support the
conclusions others may draw from the same or similar datasets. Presentation and activities
make extensive use of real-world appraisal applications and are aimed at furthering an appraiser’s
ability to provide credible analysis of real property-related issues.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Properly apply and explain statistical methods such as simple and multiple regression analysis using market information
• Understand and critique statistical applications
• Understand how to incorporate statistical analysis in valuation reports
• Understand how to evaluate the reliability of various types of data used in valuation
• Understand the language of quantitative analysis
• Use graphs to present data and analysis
• Understand research design issues such as hypothesis construction, data reliability and validity, and sampling issues
Note: This course implements a blended learning approach, which includes a pre-class,
two-hour online session combined with 30 hours of traditional classroom education and wraps up
with a three-hour exam on the fifth morning.
Designated Members and Candidates for Designation will receive the discounted AI Price for Advanced Education courses: Advanced Income Capitalization, Advanced Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use, Advanced Concepts and Case Studies, and Quantitative Analysis. All others will pay full price.
This course is in the Analytics for Valuation Professional Development Program. For more information,
For more information on how to become a Candidate for Designation,
• Table of Contents and Overview (PDF)
• Schedule (PDF)