Choose your path
-- select --
Resources for Accountants
Resources for Bankers
Resources for Homeowners
Resources for Attorneys
Find An Appraiser
0 Registrations in Cart
Select an Offering
Simple Tools for Credible Results
February 22, 2019
Local Area Topics
* SAVE! early registration
UT Conference Center
600 Henley St
Sponsor / Contact
This course is designed to provide useful tools to help students support
important conclusions in their appraisal reports. The students will accomplish the following objectives:
1. To identify several of the most frequent USPAP violations that appraisers commit.
2. To identify and define appropriate terms related to credible assignment results
3. To review and remind participants of the requirements related to the scope of work rule, and the development and reporting of appraisal results.
4. To introduce and provide hands-on training for several Excel tools that can be utilized in market analysis.
5. To re-emphasize the importance of proper highest and best use analysis and the four tests of highest and best use.
6. To discuss the sales comparison approach to value within the context of comparable sales selection and the definition of market value.
7. To discuss and provide hands-on training for several tools that can be utilized for supporting adjustments within the sales comparison approach.
8. To remind participants of the usefulness of analyzing units of comparison.
9. To recommend and show support for using the subject’s own sales and listing history as additional comparable information in the sales comparison approach.
10. To apply extraction techniques for supporting land value, current cost indicators, and depreciation in the cost approach to value.
11. To stress the importance of adequate reconciliation in developing the final opinion of
12. To explore several often-forgotten tools that can be used in reconciliation to enhance the credibility of the results.
Up To 15 days prior to program start date, $25.00 cancellation fee.
7 - 14 days prior to program start date, $50.00 cancellation fee.
Less than 7 days prior to program start date, forfeit of payment.
Up To 15 days prior to program start date, $25.00 transfer fee.
7 - 14 days prior to program start date, $25.00 transfer fee.
Less than 7 days prior to program start date, no transfer allowed.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: In order that we may comply with ADA, we need advance notice of any special needs you may have. Please provide written details of any special needs you may have under ADA on a separate page and send it in at least two weeks in advance in order that reasonable accommodations may be arranged.
This Educational Program was developed and organized by the Greater Tennessee Chapter offering the program with the intent of addressing topics of current local interest solely for educational and informational purposes. The Appraisal Institute national organization was not involved in developing or organizing the program.
The content of this program, including but not limited to any written materials and presenter comments, does not represent the viewpoint of the Appraisal Institute (defined as including affiliates and staff) unless formally adopted by the national Board of Directors. Further, the Appraisal Institute has not peer-reviewed or approved the content of the program and does not warrant the accuracy or timeliness of the content of the program. The content of the program is subject to court decision and local, state and federal laws and regulations and any such revisions of such laws and regulations.
This program is presented with the understanding that the Appraisal Institute is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional advice or services. Nothing in the program is to be construed as the offering of such advice or services. If expert advice or services are required, attendees and readers are respon
Program materials will be picked up at the site.
This class is approved for 7 hours in the state of TN.
UT Conference Center
600 Henley Street
Knoxville, TN 37902
Registration: 7:30am eastern time
Class begins: 8am eastern time
Parking located in the Locust Street Garage on the corner of Locust and Clinch Streets. Cost is $7 per day.
Sponsor / Contact
Chapter: Greater Tennessee
Contact: Myra Withers Pitts
501 W Church Ave
(Anything downtown will be close to the UT Conference Center. I suggest using Hotwire or Priceline or something like that as we do not have a preferred rate anywhere).
200 W. Madison, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60606
888-7JOINAI (756-4624) |
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2017 Appraisal Institute. All rights reserved.