Choose your path
-- select --
Resources for Accountants
Resources for Bankers
Resources for Homeowners
Resources for Attorneys
Find An Appraiser
0 Registrations in Cart
Select an Offering
Simple Tools for Credible Resuts
February 26, 2019
Local Area Topics
MAAR Education Center
6393 Poplar Avenue
Sponsor / Contact
Susan F. Evans
Up To 15 days prior to program start date, refund in full.
7 - 14 days prior to program start date, $50.00 cancellation fee.
Less than 7 days prior to program start date, forfeit of payment.
Up To 15 days prior to program start date, no transfer fee.
7 - 14 days prior to program start date, $25.00 transfer fee.
Less than 7 days prior to program start date, no transfer allowed.
This Educational Program (Program) was developed and organized by the Appraisal Institute Chapter offering the Program with the intent of addressing topic(s) of current local interest solely for educational and informational purposes. The Appraisal Institute national organization was not involved in developing or organizing the Program.
The content of this Program, including but not limited to any written materials and presenter comments, does not represent the viewpoint of the Appraisal Institute (defined as including but not limited to, the national organization, its Regions, Chapters, members, candidates, affiliates and staff) unless formally adopted by the national Board of Directors. Further, the Appraisal Institute has not peer-reviewed or approved the content of the Program and does not warrant the accuracy or timeliness of the content of the Program. The content of the Program is subject to court decisions and local, state and federal laws and regulations and any such revisions of such laws and regulations.
This Program is presented with the understanding that the Appraisal Institute is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional advice or services. Nothing in the Program is to be construed as the offering of such advice or services. If expert advice or services are required, attendees and readers are responsible for obtaining such advice or services from appropriate professionals.
Program materials will be picked up at the site.
Seminar is approved for 7 hours of CE with AI, MS and TN ONLY.
Seminar materials will be available as a PDF which will be emailed to all students. Students are responsible for downloading, printing and bringing the materials to class.
Class will be held in the Education Center at the Memphis Area Association of Realtors (6393 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38119).
Seminar: Simple Tools For Credible Results
Course Description: This course is designed to provide useful tools to help students support important conclusions in their appraisal reports. The students will accomplish the following objectives:
1. To identify several of the most frequent USPAP violations that appraisers commit.
2. To identify and define appropriate terms related to credible assignment results
3. To review and remind participants of the requirements related to the scope of work rule, and the development and reporting of appraisal results.
4. To introduce and provide hands-on training for several Excel tools that can be utilized in supporting market conditions.
5. To discuss the sales comparison approach to value within the context of comparable sales selection and the definition of market value.
6. To discuss and provide hands-on training for several tools that can be utilized for supporting adjustments within the sales comparison approach.
7. To remind participants of the usefulness of analyzing units of comparison.
8. To apply extraction techniques for supporting land value, depreciation in the cost approach, a possible age adjustment, and support for economic life.
9. To promote the use of qualitative analysis and proper reconciliation.
10. To recommend and show support for using the subject’s own sales and listing history as additional comparable information in the sales comparison approach.
11. To demonstrate the versatility of pivot tables to support results in advanced appraisal assignments.
200 W. Madison, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60606
888-7JOINAI (756-4624) |
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2017 Appraisal Institute. All rights reserved.