If you’re involved in the valuation of commercial real estate, it’s crucial to know how the terms of a lease affect value. This NEW seminar goes beyond methodology to explore how to measure a property rights adjustment, the theory underlying the use of a leasehold yield rate (YLH) to value the leasehold, as well as the application of a property rights adjustment in all three approaches to value.
• How the terms of a tenant’s lease impact value—either positively or negatively
• Situations that require a valuation of a leasehold
• Methodologies in valuing a leasehold, including examples and exercises
• The impact of a leasehold in the valuation of property using all applicable approaches
• Challenges facing appraisers performing leasehold valuation assignments