Choose your path
-- select --
Resources for Accountants
Resources for Bankers
Resources for Homeowners
Resources for Attorneys
Find An Appraiser
0 Registrations in Cart
Select an Offering
19th Annual "Case Studies in the Valuation of Upstate NY Real Estate"
June 7, 2019
Local Area Topics
Del Lago Resort & Casino
1133 Route 414
Sponsor / Contact
Upstate New York
This seminar, developed and administered by the Upstate NY Chapter – AI, is a compilation of mini-seminars presented by members of the Upstate NY Chapter of the Appraisal Institute covering a wide range of topics. Some presenters will use case studies to illustrate how to solve a particular appraisal problem or how the valuation of a type of property may be impacted by certain factors. Other presenters will focus on issues relating to the appraisal process that impact how property in Upstate NY may be appraised or how the results of an appraisal may be reported.
The seminar’s moderator is Nathan T. Gabbert, SRA, Rochester, NY. Mr. Gabbert is a past-president of the Upstate NY Chapter and has been extremely active in Chapter affairs over the years.
Seminar topics and presenters include:
• “Appraisal and acquisition of worthless, unbuildable parcels sold in a land scam” – Dan Deighan, MAI
• “Common errors found in mineral appraisals, especially in the context of litigation in New York, as well as Pennsylvania and Vermont” – Zach Smith, MAI, AI-GRS
• “Dollar & Cents: the impact of real estate taxes on homeowners, comparing our local market with growth areas in other parts of the US” – John Rynne, MAI, SRA
• “Court-ordered liquidation of two upstate NY farms, including real estate, cattle, and farm equipment” – Michael Coles
• “The Cuban and Vietnamese Experiment – an examination of communism versus socialism versus capitalism and the impacts on real property ownership and value” – Kevin Bruckner, MAI
• “The impact of differing expense frameworks on the capitalization rate” – Todd Thurston, MAI
• “The Landmark Society of Western NY - Historic designations, preservation districts, and National and State registration of historic places” – Caitlin Meives
• “Concerns of a Bank Appraiser/Reviewer - a panel discussion of common issues raised by various appraisal report reviewers” – Denise Rhoads
Times: Registration 8:00 am
Seminar, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Lunch is included
Up To 15 days prior to program start date, refund in full.
7 - 14 days prior to program start date, $50.00 cancellation fee.
Less than 7 days prior to program start date, forfeit of payment.
Up To 15 days prior to program start date, no transfer fee.
7 - 14 days prior to program start date, $25.00 transfer fee.
Less than 7 days prior to program start date, no transfer allowed.
Cancellations made through June 4, 2019 will receive full refund. No refunds after that date will be offered for cancellations and / or no-shows.
Program materials will be picked up at the site.
200 W. Madison, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60606
888-7JOINAI (756-4624) |
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2017 Appraisal Institute. All rights reserved.