Choose your path
-- select --
Resources for Accountants
Resources for Bankers
Resources for Homeowners
Resources for Attorneys
Find An Appraiser
0 Registrations in Cart
Select an Offering
IRS Valuation Update - Why It Matters!
September 12, 2019
Local Area Topics
Please register early
After Sep 01, 2019
Crown Plaza Indianapolis - Airport
2501 South High School Road
Sponsor / Contact
Up To 15 days prior to program start date, refund in full.
10 - 14 days prior to program start date, $100.00 cancellation fee.
Less than 10 days prior to program start date, forfeit of payment.
Up To 15 days prior to program start date, $25.00 transfer fee.
10 - 14 days prior to program start date, $50.00 transfer fee.
Less than 10 days prior to program start date, no transfer allowed.
Program materials will be picked up at the site.
This seminar is designed to clarify the needs and necessities for appraisals going to the IRS.
• Communication as a key element, understanding what is required is critical
• The Law - Federal Tax Code and Regulations related to Real Estate Donations
• Valuing Interests in Real Property
• Market Analysis/Highest & Best Use
• Responsibilities of Appraiser, Taxpayer, and Charity in completing IRS Form 8283
• Introduction to Estate & Gift, Fractional Interest, Casualty Loss, and Fair Market Rent
• Expert Witness Role Play presentation - Cross Examination/Re-Direct of Expert Witness Real Property Appraiser in Tax Court
• Q & A session with IRS attorneys and IRS appraisers
SEMINAR DESCRIPTION & OBJECTIVES : Appraisers, CPA's, Land Trust and Attorneys should all be familiar with IRS requirements and recent tax court decisions. Outside practitioners will be trained on completing work on behalf of taxpayers for Conservation and Facade Easement cases, casualty loss, estate, gift and fractional interest appraisal assignments; Critical work to be completed in compliance with IRC and Treasury Regulations. Benefits taxpayers by having work completed in compliance and benefits practitioner to get it done correctly.
CLASS LOCATION: The seminar will be held on the second floor Amphitheatre of the Crown Plaza Indianapolis - Airport.
ATTENDANCE: Please note registration runs from 7:30AM to 8:00AM with instruction starting PROMPTLY at 8:00AM. Following Appraiser Qualifications Board minimum criteria requirements, 100% ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED FOR ALL APPRAISAL INSTITUTE EDUCATION PROGRAMS. Students should not be late or leave early. Those missing class times may not receive credit.
* * * LUNCH IS INCLUDED AS PART OF THE REGISTRATION PRICE * * *
For overnight rooms, please call the venue (Crown Plaza Indianapolis - Airport) at 317-244-6861.
200 W. Madison, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60606
888-7JOINAI (756-4624) |
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2017 Appraisal Institute. All rights reserved.