Choose your path
The art of appraisal review requires a skill set that is distinctly different from that of a field appraiser. Through this one-day seminar, professional appraisers will gain invaluable insight into client expectations regarding content and quality.
Designed specifically for appraisers who review commercial appraisals, you’ll learn how to perform review assignments efficiently and effectively. Real estate lenders and attorneys may also find this program beneficial.
While exploring techniques and methodologies of seasoned commercial review appraisers, participants will identify features of the ideal appraisal report, examine 14 warning signs of a problem appraisal, and dig into 13 examples of complex review appraisal assignments. This seminar will help reviewers spot the most common reporting deficiencies—while avoiding these reporting deficiencies in their own commercial appraisals.
At the end of the seminar participants should be able to:
• Recognize the need for commercial appraisal reviews performed by reviewers who are cognizant of their ethical and professional responsibilities.
• Review the impact of USPAP, FIRREA, and other regulations on the review process.
• Identify types of commercial appraisal review assignments and the process employed in the reviewer’s scope of work.
• Identify the analytical steps necessary to develop a review opinion.
• Examine and analyze the component parts of a commercial appraisal report for review purposes and identify tests of reasonableness that may be applied.
• Define six characteristics of quality appraisal reports and the role of client expectations in defining a “good” appraisal.
• Identify and discuss 14 warning signs of a problem appraisal.
• Illustrate 13 examples of complex commercial review appraisal assignments.
• Discuss the process of appropriate “reviewer to appraiser” communication.Who Should Enroll
Commercial real estate appraisers, lenders, attorneys
Note. The book Appraising the Appraisal: The Art of Appraisal Review is required for this seminar. If you do not have the book, please choose the “Register + Book” option when registering for this seminar.
• Table of Contents and Overview (PDF)
To order books and other materials go toour store
Please contact the sponsoring chapter for information on fees applicable to chapter programs.
AI CE Credit for Designated Members, Candidates for Designation, and Practicing Affiliates
• Attend Only = 75 points
Click Here for State Approvals
Pop up content here.